- Profuse and repeating displays of deep red, fragrant flowers from late spring into summer.
- Forms a neat, cushion-like mound of foliage with a purplish tint.
- Fast and easy to grow for gardens or containers.
Low maintenance and easy to grow in most soil types which are free draining. Dry and frost tolerant once established. Removing spent flower stems will help prolong flower displays whilst a prune back of older foliage during late winter will tidy and encourage a dense habit. Apply slow release fertiliser in spring and protect from snails for optimum results.
- Containers or mixed garden borders - very bold effects planted in groups of 2-3 plants.
- Cottage,wildflower or rockery style gardens.
- Attracts pollinators.
- Flowers last well cut for floral arrangements.